Hi there. It’s nice to see you on my personal blog!
My name is Andrey Krisanov and I’m a Software Engineer with several years of expirience in full-stack application development, DevOps and team management.
I’m a polyglot programmer and don’t stick with some language or technology stack. It’s more important to me to focus on the product development and delivery. At the moment I work on backends in Ruby.
I’m interested in distributed systems, data engineering, and functional programming. The modern frontend development is a horror movie for me :) But, thanks, ClojureScript, React, React Native for saving me there.
I’m really passionate about continuous learning. Try to learn something new everyday and apply it in daily work.
Right tool for the job
Before any project implementation I do analysis and pick “the right tool for the job”. My preference are:
- Ruby for quick prototyping and small web apps or API;
- Go (Golang) or Clojure/JVM when I have to care about performance, data processing, concurrency and so on;
- PostgreSQL as a primary database;
- React, Vue on the frontend side;
- React Native for mobile apps (I came to it from “native world” and happy with the Facebook approach);
- Docker, Circle CI for continuous integration and delivery;
- AWS for application hosting and scaling (experimenting with Azure, Google Cloud).